Addressing Family Class Immigration Concerns Through A Toronto Immigration Lawyer

Question: I am a Filipino living in Canada, and my mom is also in Canada right now, although she is not a permanent resident yet. I want to sponsor her, but I was told that there is no more program for family sponsorship, and that my mom should return to the Philippines.

Answer: When it comes to immigration concerns, you must not accept advice from anybody other than a professional – not from your friends, and not even from a consultant. The program is still ongoing, so you can still sponsor your mother. And, you can do that even as your mom is in Canada. The best individual to consult when it comes to this issue is a Canada or a Toronto immigration lawyer.

Question: I’m a Canadian citizen who married a non-Canadian. I applied to sponsor my spouse, but the application has been refused – authorities told us that our marriage seemed inauthentic. The marriage is genuine. In fact, we already have a child by now. What’s the best thing that we can do?

Answer: There are two things that you can do here – either you appeal your application, or you re-apply. If you choose to appeal, you must file a notice of appeal 30 days after your application has been refused. Note, however, that you cannot reapply once you file an appeal – you must choose only one of these two actions. Now here’s the thing: if you reapply, you need to pay again; if you file for an appeal, there’s no need to pay but the process can take longer than when you reapply. A Canada or a Toronto immigration lawyer can help you make the best decision. Good luck!

Disclaimer: The immigration article posted above does not substitute as a legal advice on immigration issues. If you need the services of a qualilfied lawyer, email us and we will forward your inquiry to one of our immigration lawyers or you may consult a qualified immigration professional in your city or country. Use due diligence in doing so.

Other Posts OF Interests:

Enjoyed this post? Share it!


3 thoughts on “Addressing Family Class Immigration Concerns Through A Toronto Immigration Lawyer

  1. Can you help me because I want to emigrate to Canada I ask your help in this case I beg you to answer with a lawyer to help me

  2. Iam an Eritrean refugee lives in Sudan,finished high school 12th grade,worked as an English teacher and now i am preparing my self to immigrate,i want to be a friend with Canadian family

  3. Can you help me to immigrate to Canada,i beg your help because i am too poor to cover all needs of immigration to Canada,please i want an answer of lawyer of immigration.Thank you

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *