(Search for jobs in Alberta – go here….)
If you are in Alberta as a temporary foreign worker, you may now apply to nominate yourself as a Permanent Resident of the Province. The Government of Alberta is accepting application for this Expanded Alberta Provincial Nominee Program until November 28, 2013. The requirements to become eligible to the program are the following:
1) Your occupation designation must be in the eligible occupation list
2) Must have 2 or more years of experience in the said occupation
3) Applicant must be currently living in Alberta
4) You must be working full time currently in the Province of Alberta and carries a valid work permit as temporary foreign worker in Alberta approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada
5) You intend to live and work permanently in Alberta
6) Applicants have to submit in person a completely filled-out application for Alberta Work Experience Category Application for Nomination no later than November 28, 2013
7) For regulated occupations, applicants must show proof that they were certified or licensed to perform the duties in the Eligible Occupation List that requires licensing
8) Submit test results proving that the applicant have succesfully completed the minimum language requirements and the proof or certificate must not be older than 2 years. Accepted test results for the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program are IELTS and CELPIP for English and TEF for French.
More information can be obtained by going to the following Alberta Government sites: http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/ainp-awe.aspx and http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-awe-criteria.aspx.
If you are qualified, apply immediately before the deadline!