New Yorker Married To Canadian Want To Move To Canada

Question: I got married to a Canadian woman years ago, but we are both now residing in New York along with our children. Now, we are planning to move to Canada but we don’t know where to lodge our application so we could get faster results. Should we do it from inside the US or in Canada?

Answer: You actually have the freedom to to file from within the US if you have legal status for a minimum of one year in the country. Alternatively, if you have a legal status in Canada, you can also file from there, but note that applications filed within Canada often take longer to process because of the backlog of pending cases at the processing center in Alberta.

Other Posts OF Interests:

Enjoyed this post? Share it!


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *