Expired Permanent Resident Card – Can It Be Revived?

Question: I’ve been a permanent Canadian resident for 5 years now, but I stayed in Canada only for the first 3 years. I had to go back to my home country during the fourth year because of some family matters that I had to attend to, and I was unable to return to Canada immediately. My permanent card has already expired. However, when I applied for a return visa, my application was denied. Does that mean I am no longer a Canadian resident? What should I do?

Answer: According to Canada immigration law, once you become a permanent resident, you remain a permanent resident until a final determination is done. You can actually appeal the result, but you must do it as soon as possible. This will not only maintain your permanent resident status but will also give you a chance to explain why you had to leave Canada and be out of the country for the last two years.

Other Posts OF Interests:

Enjoyed this post? Share it!


One thought on “Expired Permanent Resident Card – Can It Be Revived?

  1. Dear Sir , Please be good enough to mention I have had mention my comment before also I think you have had received it .
    I more prefer to mention I am Attached to government Sector and I qualified Level one ,cricket coaching course conducted by the Board of control for cricket in Sri lanka .
    I like to be your country and to provide my coaching more cricket to who need it .
    Hence I did my cricket to my college up to under 19. and did Club cricket in N.C.C Division one cricket .
    Being time I am coaching .Junior and Seniors .
    I really like my coaching and more prefer to provide my service to your nice country .
    Thanking you
    Yours Faithfully
    G.D.L.K. Ranasinghe

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *