Canada Immigration Q&A – Sponsoring Parents To Canada Refused

Q: I sponsored my parents to Canada over three years ago. I was earning a good income back then but was laid off last year. I just received a letter refusing the sponsorship. Can I appeal? Do I need a lawyer?

A: Yes, you have the right to appeal the refusal on humanitarian grounds and on legal grounds. You must file the appeal within 30 days. Most people do hire a lawyer as there can be legal issues that are complex and lawyers have the experience to deal with such matters. While some do represent themselves, you will have to determine yourself if this is a matter that you can handle on your own.

Atty. Henry Moyal is a certified and licensed immigration lawyer in Toronto. The article above is general advice only is not intended as legal document. Send your inquiries to his office phone 416-733-3193 or visit his website

Other Posts OF Interests:

Enjoyed this post? Share it!


4 thoughts on “Canada Immigration Q&A – Sponsoring Parents To Canada Refused

  1. I m 26 years old ,intermediate, I want to go canada for an immigration or studying Could u plz briefly tel me the process..please!

  2. I am living in canada since jun-2006. I applied for my mother sponsorship for immigration on 07-sep-2009.

    My father was passed away on 04-apr-2009. I am one and only son for her. I have to take care of her. Back home nobody is there to take care of her.

    She got 5 years multiple entry visa, but she don’t want to go back. So what best I can do to keep here to leaving the country.

    Please help me resolve my problem.

    thank you

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *