Canada Work Permit For A Brother

Q. I live in Canada and have a brother who wants to come and work here. I am able to get him a job offer, however, the job offer that I have is from an occupation that isn’t in demand here. What does an employer have to do in cases like this?

A. As long as your brother has one year experience in any of the 38 occupations that are in demand, then a job offer won’t be necessary. If not, then a job offer will be needed for your brother’s eligibility once he files an application. The good thing here is that the job offer doesn’t have to be in any of the 38 in-demand occupations.

To note of is the current standing of the employer offering the job offer. The company must be in existence for at least a year and is paying taxes for at least one employee. One of the best avenues to bring relatives over is for them to work for Canadian-owned family businesses, i.e. restaurants and convenience stores, who are on the look out for trusted employees.

Disclaimer: The immigration article posted above does not substitute as a legal advice on immigration issues. If you need to consult a qualified professional about your case, you can visit a qualified immigration professional in your city or country. Use due diligence in doing so.

Other Posts OF Interests:

Enjoyed this post? Share it!


2 thoughts on “Canada Work Permit For A Brother

  1. hi can some one tell me what official website can i look onto find info on bringing over family(not parents) as an employee of a family restaurant


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *