Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
New Brunswick Nominee Program (NSNP)

The Provincial Government of New Brunswick is aware of the economic benefits of provincial immigration,  and thus encourages foreign nationals to explore the possibility of living in the province through the New Brunswick Nominee Program or NBNP.  Aside from economic benefits, the migration of other nationalities also enriches the provincial culture and improves Canada’s global relations.  All of these make the NBNP an all the more important initiative of the provincial government.

The Categories

The New Brunswick PNP is divided into two categories, namely, Job Offer and Business Plan, where all applicants are assessed according to age, education, work experience and language ability.  For Job Offer applicants, the specific requirement is a guaranteed offer of employment, and  for Business applicants, business experience. 

Job Offer

Under this category of the NBNP, it is the applicant’s responsibility to look for a New Brunswick employer and secure a job offer.  However, an interested employer cannot just make such an offer without demonstrating to the NBNP that they have had difficulty finding a qualified Canadian citizen or permanent resident for the position. When the skill shortage is confirmed, the employer may then make the formal offer of employment. 

The applicant, other hand, will be required to sign a declaration where he or she pledges to live in New Brunswick permanently once issued a Permanent Resident visa by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.  Once nominated by the NBNP,  the applicant may proceed to filing for immigrant status in Canada before the CIC.


To be considered eligible under the Job Offer category of the NBNP, an applicant must:

Obtain a score of at least 50 on the NBNP self-assessment;

Have a guaranteed offer for full-time and permanent employment from a stable New Brunswick company or organization, where the individual:

Is educated, trained and experienced in a field relevant to the intended occupation; 

Satisfies all certification/accreditation/licensing requirements for such occupation;

Will be filling a position for which there is a skill shortage in New Brunswick, and where labor conditions meet provincial employment standards ; and

Is offered a wage that matches New Brunswick industry rates;

Commit to work and live permanently in New Brunswick through a signed declaration.

Business Plan

People who have a solid knowledge and experience in business may migrate to New Brunswick by applying under the NBNP  Business Plan Category. 


To be considered as applicant, a potential nominee must:

Earn a minimum score of 50 on the NBNP self-assessment;

Be able to communicate effectively in English or French to do successful business in NB;

Have substantial experience running a business in a top level management position or as proprietor;

Meet New Brunswick’s personal net worth requirement;

Have adequate capital for investment;

Be financially capable of setting up and maintaining a business in its initial stages without support from other parties;

Have enough resources to support oneself and dependents for up to two years;

Actively participate in running the proposed business;

Sign a declaration where the applicant promises to live and do business in New Brunswick permanently.   

International Graduates

International students who have earned post-secondary educational credentials from any New Brunswick college or university may apply for NBNP nomination, provided they meet all of the program’s requirements.


To qualify for an NBNP nomination under this category, an international student must:

Secure a full-time, permanent job offer from a stable New Brunswick company, where:

The position is relevant to the applicant’s education, training and experience, and requires skills which are hard to find in the province;

The job meets NB employment standards, including wage rates for the particular industry;

Possess relevant provincial licensing, accreditation or certification; and

Have been working in New Brunswick for at least a year upon filing the NBNP application.
Canada Immigration News / Re: Changes to Canada immigration program March 2012
« Last post by Marie on September 26, 2013, 06:08:37 PM »
Im looking for a job there in cnaada. I'm a management accounting graduate.  Worked here in the philippines in different companies. I worked as Accounting Staff specialized in Accounts Payable, Receivables and Inventory Specialist. With experienced as Barista at Starbucks Coffee Phils. and other tasks like office supplies custodian, do bank transactions. Hope I can work there as soon as there's available job suited for me. Thanks. God Bless
Q & A / Naturalized Canadian Citizen Wants To Marry Childhood Sweetheart
« Last post by LWSEdmonton on September 03, 2013, 08:49:19 AM »
Question: I married a Filipino in a Toronto civil ceremony recently, although we have known each other since childhood. He is a widower and I have never been married before. He came to Canada on a visitor visa and is originally from Calamba City, while I am a Canadian citizen and have lived in Toronto for almost 20 years.  He currently has a five-year visitor visa, but I am planning to sponsor him now as my spouse.  Is it necessary for us to get married in the Philippines to do that, or will our Toronto marriage be enough? I currently don’t have remaining vacation days at work so I can’t go back to the Philippines just yet.

Answer:  Your Toronto marriage, if valid under Canadian rules, will be valid in the Philippines so there is no need to get married again back home. The question is whether or not there were no legal impediments to your marriage. You said that your husband was a widower when you got married, and you also said that you have never been married before. These tell us that your marriage is legal, as long as you have satisfied all other requirements of Canadian laws. Given that, I can say that your Toronto marriage will be enough to qualify you to sponsor your husband. However, as you file your application, he will have to prove that he was, indeed,  a widower prior to your union. That is very important or else your marriage cannot be valid both in Canada and in the Philippines. To shed light on other questions you may have about your case, it may be best for you to discuss your case with a reliable immigration lawyer or consultant.
Q & A / Foreign Worker Employer Wants To Hire A New Worker Question
« Last post by LWSEdmonton on August 10, 2013, 10:11:54 AM »
Question: I am a restaurant owner in Canada. I hired a Filipino cook last year, and while I was satisfied with his performance in the beginning, he seemed to lose interest as the months went by. I reduced his pay, but will this affect my plans to hire a new cook?

Answer: Yes, it will. In fact, Service Canada often does compliance checks and may ask for evidence that you have been consistently complying with wage requirements with other foreign workers you’ve hired in the past. Thus, if they find that you have not been true to your promises, you may not be allowed to hire new workers. Consult a expert before filing an application.
The Yukon Temporary Foreign Worker Program (YTFWP) has the following features designed to meet the labor market needs of Yukon: 

>> Employers must advertise job vacancies to Canadians for a minimum of four weeks; 

>> The objective of the program is to workers for businesses during seasonal shortages in the labor market, where a foreign worker may be employed for no more than 1 year, and employers may hire up to a maximum of 50 foreign workers each year;

>> To ensure that seasonal labor shortages are met in a timely fashion, applications to the program will be processed within 4-6 weeks (employers need not obtain a Labor Market Opinion but they have to prove that no local candidates are qualified for the job.)

>> The program is very particular about protection of both workers’ and employers’ rights during employment, where employers are required to sign a contract with Yukon Education, promising to follow all terms and conditions of employment and other requirements of the program;

>> The YTFWP is unique in that it will be a collaborative effort of Yukon Education and the Yukon Workers’ Compensation Health and Safety Board, which will actively monitor worksites where foreign workers will be employed, and ensure that all health and safety concerns are addressed.

To find jobs at Yukon Territory, go to: Jobs in Yukon Territory, and look for employer/s who'll be willing to sponsor.
Q & A / Filipino live-in caregiver wants to go home without Re-entry visa
« Last post by LWSEdmonton on August 02, 2013, 02:10:49 PM »
Question: I arrived in Canada in 2005 as a live in caregiver. I got this job as a direct hire from Saudi Arabia, but when I arrived here, I was released almost immediately. I looked for a new employer and by God’s grace, I was able to accumulate the required 24 months of work experience. I have applied for permanent residency and I now have an open work permit. Right now, I am thinking of going home to the Philippines as it has been almost a decade since I last saw my kids. My old re-entry visa is no longer valid. I really want to see my children, but I am afraid I will not be given a re-entry visa because of what happened with my first employer. Will that affect my permanent residency application? Should I go ahead with my planned vacation or is it too much of a risk? 

Answer: Immigration will  not have a problem that you were released upon arrival in 2005. They probably won’t even care about that. However, given that so many Filipinos who came home to the Philippines were not able to return to Canada, you should be very careful before making any move. I suggest you don’t leave Canada without a re-entry visa in your possession. The Canadian Consulate in Buffalo used to issue visas on the same day or in two weeks by mail. That consulate has closed though, but the process should be fairly the same, except for the bar-coded applications. It may take a minimum of four weeks for you to get a visa, so make sure you file your application way, way earlier than your departure date.
Q & A / Recruitment Agency Promising A Nanny Job In Canada
« Last post by LWSEdmonton on July 29, 2013, 12:43:03 PM »
Question: I have been working in Dubai for more than six years as a nurse. The pay is good, but I am looking into moving to Canada where many of my relatives and friends have migrated. I met a recruiter here who said he could get me a job as a domestic helper or nanny as a stepping stone to permanent residency. If given a chance, I would want to work as a nurse, but I would not hesitate to take any job that can help me move to Canada. I am currently considering this recruiter’s offer, but do you think it’s a good idea?  What is the best option for me?

Answer: No, it is not a good idea. In fact, it is illegal for anyone to promise you a job and let you pay for it. Keep in mind that fees should be paid by the employer, not the employee. Another thing you should remember is that there is no way any person could guarantee you a job offer or visa. Besides, being an experienced nurse, you do not have to restrict yourself to a work permit as your only option.  You can file an immigrant application directly, and you do not need to work for 2 years before being able to do so.  There is a good chance you will qualify based on your previous experience. If your application is approved, you can even being your spouse and children with you. Speak to a professional before accepting this recruiter’s offer or shelling out any cash.
The Provincial Nominee Program of the Province of Manitoba (MPNP)

Manitoba is among Canada’s highly progressive provinces which are actively recruiting foreign nationals to join their labor force, augment skill shortages and meet their provincial economic objectives.

A successful MPNP application leads to a nomination for a Permanent Resident status in Canada, but it is the Federal Government, through the Citizenship and Immigration Canada or CIC, that ultimately decides whether or not such nominated individuals will be issued the sought visa.

In so deciding, the CIC reviews the details of MPNP nominations, and conducts its own screening that includes ensuring that all permanent resident status applicants are compliant with the the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, and that all necessary medical and criminal background checks are performed.   


Applications to the Manitoba PNP can be filed under two main categories, namely, Skilled Workers & Business Immigrants.

Skilled Workers

The MPNP is a measure employed by the Provincial Government to promote the further economic development of Manitoba.  Under the program, skilled workers with the necessary education, training, employment experience and level of language proficiency are recruited to fill certain occupations where there is a critical shortage of qualified applicants.


>> Eligible to apply under this category of the MPNP are foreign nationals who:

>> Are of legal status in the country where they presently reside;

>> Qualify under any of the 5 Skilled Worker Assessment Streams of the MPNP;
>> Have adequate training and employment experience, as well as a license or certification that is applicable to the intended occupation;

>> Satisfy all conditions on the MPNP Occupational Requirements List;

>> Have sufficient language ability that enables the potential nominees to find employment upon arrival;

>> Have relatives or friends who can help them get settled in Manitoba;

>> Can show proof of funds for settling in the province; and

>> Demonstrate ability to integrate themselves successfully into the provincial community. 

Skilled Workers Assessment Streams

MPNP applicants under the Skilled Workers Category are mainly evaluated based on five assessment streams which test the strength of their connections to the province.  These assessment streams are further classified as Priority Assessment and General Assessment. 

1. Priority Assessment

Applicants who demonstrate the strongest capacity to settle in Manitoba fall under Priority Assessment.  There are five sub-streams under Priority Assessment, namely, Employer Direct, International Student, Family Support, Community Support and Strategic Recruitment Initiative.

a. Employer Direct

The MPNP Employer Direct is designed to assist Manitoba companies and organizations in hiring and retaining foreign skilled workers who can fill positions where no Canadian citizens or permanent residents qualify.

However, before any foreign worker may be hired, the employer will have to seek Pre-approval from the MPNP.  If successful, a Pre-Approval Letter indicating the pre-approved position and conditions that are part of the pre-approval, will be sent to such employer who then forwards a copy of the  letter to applicant.  The applicant then attaches this document to his MPNP application. 

To qualify an EMPLOYER for the Employer Direct sub-stream, such recruiting company or organization must:

>> Apply for MPNP pre-approval, where:

>>>>> It must be proven that they have tried all measures to recruit Canadian citizens and permanent residents to fill certain positions but to no avail; and

>>>>> The offered wage and employment benefits meet labor standards in Manitoba, and are enough to keep the retain the worker in the intended position; and

>> Prove that they will be providing all necessary forms of assistance for the foreign worker to get settled successfully in Manitoba, and that they have the backing of local communities that can provide support to the potential immigrant/s in areas where such settlement assistance may be highly needed.

To be considered as APPLICANT under the Employer Direct sub-stream, the foreign worker must:

>> Obtain a pre-approved offer of employment;

>> Have the required education, training and work experience, as well as licensing, certification or accreditation;

>> Be able to communicate effectively in the required language at work;

>> Demonstrate ability to establish himself or herself successfully in Manitoba; and

>> (If already working in Canada on a temporary work permit,)  must obtain an offer for full-time, permanent employment from the same Manitoba employer and express intention to settle in the province. 

b. International Student 

This Priority Assessment stream is intended for international students who plan to reside, obtain employment and build their careers in Manitoba.   

To qualify under this stream, the applicant must:

>> Have completed a post-high school program that ran for a minimum of one academic year in a Manitoba institution;

>> Hold a post-graduation work permit from the CIC;

>> Has been working in Manitoba for the last six months; and 

>> Has an offer for a full-time and permanent job from the same Manitoba employer.

The steps for applying under the International Student stream of the MPNP Skilled Workers Category are: 

1.  Application for a post-graduation work;

2. Submission of complete application to the Manitoba PNP; and

3. Completion the MPNP Application Assessment. 
Business Immigrant

The Business Immigrant category of the Manitoba PNP seeks to attract foreign nationals who have excellent business or enterprising skills, and have the financial capacity to invest in a new or currently operating business in Manitoba. 

Applicants under this MPNP category will be assessed according to the potential economic benefit they will bring to Manitoba, with priority on applicants whose business plans fall under such industries as Energy, Manufacturing, Information & Communications Technology, Food processing, Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, and Primary Production in  farming, mining, fishing, etc.

Once nominated by the MPNP, the business person proceeds to apply for a Permanent Resident visa through the CIC. 


To be eligible to apply under the MPNP Business Immigrant category, a business person must:

>> Have a personal net worth of at least CDN $350,000;

>> Make a minimum equity of at least CDN $150,000;

>> Have held a senior management position in a successful business for a minimum of 3 years;

>> Plan to start a new business, or purchase a currently operating enterprise in Manitoba; 

>> Make a 7-day exploratory visit to Manitoba to explore business opportunities in the province; and 

>> (Upon approval of the MPNP application,) make a cash deposit of CDN$75,000 to the Provincial Government of Manitoba as a guarantee of the applicant’s intention to start or buy a business in Manitoba, with the following Deposit of Agreement conditions:

>>>>> That the required capital is used for the intended business;

>>>>> That the business person will establish the proposed business within 2 years from the time he or she arrived in Manitoba;

>>>>> That the CDN $75,000 cash deposit will be refunded to the applicant if business is verified by the end of the two-year period; and

>>>>> Any modifications to the Agreement must have the approval of the Manitoba Trade and Investment before the applicant may implement the approved business plan.
Guidelines for the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) Family Members Category

The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) Family Members Category is an option people take to relocate to Saskatchewan with the support of family members who are already settled in the Canadian province. This support can come in any form, including financial, as the new migrants adapt to Saskatchewan life. Not only the principal applicant, but also the family member who promises support will be assessed by an immigration officer as to each of their intentions of remaining in Saskatchewan, which is a requirement for any SINP nomination.


There are two aspects of eligibility under the SINP Family Members Category - the applicant’s and that of the family member pledging support.


An applicant may be considered for SINP nomination under Saskatchewan PNP Family Members Category if he or she:

>> Is a parent, child, sibling, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, first cousin, grandchild, grandparent or  step-family member or an in-law of the same relationship of an eligible supporting family member;
>> Is between the ages of 18 – 49;

>> Holds an SINP 500-22 or affidavit of support signed by one or more supporting family members living in Saskatchewan;

>> Holds a training, apprenticeship or post-secondary degree, certificate or diploma, where it took a minimum of one year to complete the program;

>> Has a minimum of one-year employment background in line with his or her educational or training background;

>> Has received a full-time, permanent offer of Saskatchewan employment, preferably but not necessarily related to the applicant’s educational or employment background;

>> As an alternative to receiving a full-time, permanent Saskatchewan job offer, plans to work  permanently in Saskatchewan and has adequate financial resources to live by ($10,000 for the principal applicant and $2,000 for every family member coming to Canada, in the local currency or otherwise) from arrival up to receipt of the first paycheck, with the funds having been in the possession of the principal applicant or spouse for a minimum of three months;

>> Can speak English in a level required by the Saskatchewan employer making the job offer, or can find employment related to his or her educational or training background, where the applicant’s English language ability has been proven by any of the following;

>>>>> The Saskatchewan employer via an online facility designed for SINP employers;

>>>>> Documents showing that English has been the medium of instruction used in the applicant’s education or training program;

>>>>> A minimum International English Language Testing System  or IELTS score of 4;

>>>>> English training certificates indicating the program duration; and

>>>>> References for jobs where English is mainly used for communication.

Supporting Family Member

A Saskatchewan-based relative who may be considered as a supporting family member should:

>> Be a parent, child, sibling, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, first cousin, grandchild, grandparent or  step-family member or an in-law of the same relationship of an eligible SINP applicant;

>> Have obtained Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident status upon the filing of the SINP application;

>> Submit documents proving that he or she has principally resided in Saskatchewan over a minimum period of one year;

>> Show proof of the claimed genealogical relationship with the principal applicant; and

>> Be financially self-sufficient and have not been enrolled under the Employment Insurance, the Saskatchewan Assistance Plan or the Resettlement Assistance Program at any time over the past six months since the SINP application was filed.

Limitations on Eligibility

Not considered for SINP nomination under the Family Members Category are:

>> People seeking refugee status from the Canadian government;

>> Husbands, wives or common law partners who may alternatively apply for SINP with the support of another eligible family member, or through the CIC Family Class;

>> Medical professionals currently practising their field in Saskatchewan; 

>> Parties who:

>>>>> Have made false claims in their application;

>>>>> Have seriously ill family members (regardless if they are moving to Saskatchewan);

>>>>> Are older than 18 with a criminal record; and

>>>>> Are involved in an ongoing child support or custody case.


An eligible supporting family member plays a significant role in the processing and application of an SINP application under the Family Members Category.  This role will revolve around a promise to ensure that: 

All costs are paid prior to the arrival of the principal applicant and accompanying family members, including but not limited to permanent residence fees, processing fees paid to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and medical and transportation expenses;
The principal applicant and accompanying dependents arrive in Saskatchewan well-provided for their basic needs, such as shelter, food and clothing,  vital services, including dental, eye and medical care, and everything else they need so they will never have to seek social services at any point during their stay in the province; and

The supporting family member accepts full responsibility for receiving all written communications from SINP for the applicant, and that such applicant be made aware of everything that concerns the progress of the SINP application.


The application package is a set of SINP, federal and provincial forms to be accomplished by the principal applicant, including a list of required supporting documents, an application guide, a checklist of all needed forms and documents, and other materials that make an application acceptable to the SINP. 

Preparing the Application Package

An SINP application under the Family Members Category should be submitted complete in order to be processed in a timely manner.  To prepare the application correctly, the applicant must:

>> Apply online or print all required forms (SINP, federal and provincial;)

>> Secure all required supporting documents with photocopies;

>> Understand all instructions for accomplishing all the forms, both for the principal applicant and family member pledging support before filling them out;

>> Check if all the required forms have been filled out correctly and all required supporting documents have been secured, with everything neatly organized according to the order they are presented on the SINP 100-23: Family Members Category Checklist; and

>> Photocopy every form and document to submitted for personal records

Family Members Who May Be Included in the Application

An SINP applicant under the Family Members Category is required to enter information on all dependents on the application, regardless of plans to have them accompany the principal applicant to Saskatchewan.

Dependents who may come to Saskatchewan with the principal applicant include:
>> The husband or wife or common-law partner (same or opposite sex) who has lived conjugally with the principal applicant for at least twelve months;

>> Dependent children - stepchildren, children adopted before they turned 18, and those who are not currently in custody of the principal applicant - where any of the following conditions applies:

>>>>> Below age 22 and unmarried or without a common-law partner;

>>>>> Studying full-time and financially dependent on parents since prior to reaching 22 years of age,  or when the child became a husband, wife or common-law partner before he or she turned 22; and

>>>>> Dependent on parents since prior to reaching 22 years of age and cannot financially provide for themselves because of a medical illness.

Children who do not meet the criteria for dependents may be nominated separately if they:

>> Are 22-29 years of age, unmarried and with no dependents;

>> Achieved a grade twelve certificate or a secondary equivalent as minimum educational attainment; and

>> Are not full-time students, nor financially dependent on their parents since prior to reaching the age of 22, or are pursuing studies but will be graduating prior to the expected date of Permanent Resident visa issuance by the CIC. 

Family Members Who May Not Be Included in the Application

A principal applicant who leaves out a dependent family member when lodging an SINP application under the Family Members Category, on purpose or otherwise, cannot be nominated at any time in the future under the same SINP application. Family members who want to come to Canada later need to file a separate application for the Family Sponsorship Program, or under another category where such application needs the approval of an immigration official before they may join the principal applicant in Saskatchewan.

Also, the SINP does not allow inclusion of brothers, sisters and parents in an application under the Family Members Category.  Once the principal applicant has earned a nomination, is granted Permanent Resident status  by the CIC, has actually resided in Saskatchewan over  a minimum of twelve months and can show that he or she has been self-sufficient for the last six at least, he may then support such family members when they apply for the Saskatchewan PNP Family Members Category.

Required Supporting Documents

Supporting documents are additional pieces of documentation required for processing an SINP application. All photocopies must be clear, and for all documents not written in English, photocopies of both the original and the English translation must be submitted, along with an affidavit detailing the translator’s language translation ability.

The following supporting documents are to be submitted by the principal applicant as part of an SINP Family Members Category application:


A. Documents Proving Identity and Civil Status

>> Birth Certificates of the applicant, the spouse or common-law partner and each dependent child, whether accompanying the principal applicant or not

>> Marriage certificate for married individuals, death certificate for widows and IMM 5409 Declaration of Common-Law Union for couples living conjugally for a minimum of one year, with proof of the common-law relationship

>> If applicable:

>>>>> Final divorce and child custody documents for each divorced spouse

>>>>> Adoption papers or proof that principal applicant is financially supporting the full-time studies of a dependent child 22 years old and above

>>>>> A letter written by the spouse who is not accompanying the principal applicant to Canada, stating that he or she is aware of the planned migration of the spouse, and that no child support or custody cases are ongoing

>>>>> Proof that the principal applicant has custody of a child who is legally considered a minor, and that such parent is legally allowed to take such minor out of the country

B. Passports

All passports of all persons accompanying the principal applicant to Canada, including that of the principal applicant, must expire no sooner than two years after the SINP date of application.  Passport photocopies showing the passport number, issuance and expiry dates, photo, name, as well as birth date and birthplace of the principal applicant,  as well those of everyone under the SINP application, must also be submitted. When lodging an SINP application outside of the country of citizenship, a photocopy of the principal applicant’s visa for the country he currently resides in should also be submitted.

C. Credentials for Educational and Training

Documents establishing the principal applicant’s educational or training background must be submitted and may be any of the following:

>> Diploma, degree or education/trade certificates, as well as official transcripts indicating the school/s attended and course/s taken;

>> Professional titles, licenses or association memberships; and

>> Training certifications indicating the nature and duration of the program and the  regulatory authority

D. Credentials for Employment Experience

A Reference Letter/s from a past employer/s and other documents proving that the principal applicant has spent a minimum of one year in work experience in his or her field of study or training should be submitted, where the letter is written on the company’s official letterhead
and bears the signature of an authorized party identified with a name and a title. 

Details to be indicated on the Reference Letter must include the principal applicant’s:

>> Position upon getting hired and upon resigning from the company;

>> Main duties and responsibilities;

>> Rendered number of hours weekly for a non-full-time position; and

>> Employer’s name and contact information for the purpose of SINP verification. 

E. Credentials Issued by Regulatory or Licensing Bodies

SINP applicants who plan to take up employment in Saskatchewan in an occupation where licensing or certification is required (except health-related occupations where professionals should apply for the SINP Health Professions Category) must verify with the national, provincial and/or industrial regulatory association to ensure that they are compliant with the standards and requirements. SINP itself will be getting in touch with the concerned regulatory association to rule out any objections to an SINP nomination.   

F. Full-time, Permanent Offer of Saskatchewan Employment or Documents Proving Availability of Resources to Be Used for Saskatchewan Settlement

As proof of a full-time Saskatchewan job offer, the applicant must submit:

>> A copy of the SINP- issued employment letter of approval addressed to the employer via the Employer Online Information System;

>> Where the principal applicant has received a full-time, permanent offer of Saskatchewan employment, a letter from the employer must be submitted with the following details:

>>>>> Duties and responsibilities, offered compensation and benefits, where all wages and working conditions must comply with Canadian standards for the particular occupation;

>>>>> Company contact information. 

When the SINP applicant has not received a full-time, permanent Saskatchewan job offer at the time of application, he or she must present proof of resources ($10,000 for the principal applicant $2,000 for every accompanying member of the family) to be used for settling in Saskatchewan.

G. Proof of Language Ability

If the applicant’s native tongue is not English, he or she must prove her English communication skills through any of the following:

>> Documents proving that the Saskatchewan employer has verified the applicant’s English language ability via Employer Online Information System  of the SINP;

>> Documents proving that the applicant has studied or undergone training in any field where the main language used was English, with the duration of the program indicated;

>> An International English Language Testing System or IELTS rating of 4 and above;

>> English training certificates showing the duration of the program; and

>> References or certificates of past employment where English was the main language used for communication.
H. Police Records Where Applicable

If the principal applicant or any of his dependents older than 18 has committed a legal violation or has a criminal conviction to his or her name,  a police record photocopy where the violation or crime was committed must be submitted, along with documents proving rehabilitation when applicable.

I. Proof of Genealogical Links

The principal applicant has to submit documents proving his or her genealogical relationship with the family member, including:

>> Passports or birth certificates and marriage certificates  showing common family members ;

>> A family registry issued by the government of the applicant’s country of origin.

J. Proof of the Supporting Family Member’s Citizen or Permanent Resident Status in Canada

>> Canadian passport or citizenship or permanent resident card of the supporting family member;

>> Saskatchewan health card, driver’s license and other documents proving the supporting family member has resided in the province over the last twelve months; and

>> Statement of income, tax returns and other documents proving that family member to provide support has been financially self-sufficient. 

Supporting Family Member

Apart from the principal applicant, the supporting family member also has vital documents to prepare for the Saskatchewan PNP Family Members Category application,  including:

>> A signed and Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths-notarized SINP-500-22 Family Members Category Affidavit of Support, where the family member promising support assists the principal applicant and all accompanying family members in every way to help them get settled in Saskatchewan;

>> Documents to prove genealogical ties with the applicant, such as:

>>>>> Birth certificates or passports and marriage certificates  showing common family members ;

>>>>> A family registry issued by the government of the applicant’s country of origin.

>>>>> Photocopies of the supporting family member's Canadian passport or documents proving that this individual is a Permanent Resident or citizen of Canada;
>>>>> Photocopies of Saskatchewan-issued tax returns, health card and other documents proving that family member promising support has resided in the province over the last twelve months;

>>>>> Documents proving that the supporting family member has been financially self-sufficient while living in Saskatchewan, such as tax returns, an income statement, etc.


When a Family Members Category application package is received by an SINP branch, it is reviewed on the basis of eligibility requirements, both applying to the principal applicant and the family member promising support.  The SINP branch may contact the applicant to ask questions for clarification, or to request for additional documents.  Once the SINP application is approved, the office then nominates the applicant to the CIC for a Permanent Resident visa.
Q & A / Live-in caregiver wants to marry failed-refugee claimant
« Last post by LWSEdmonton on July 02, 2013, 10:16:01 PM »
Question: I have been working in Canada for a few years as a live-in caregiver with an open work permit. I am pregnant and planning to marry the father of my child soon after I give birth, but he is a failed refugee claimant (though he hasn’t been asked to leave the country). What happens to my fiance’s status once we get married? Can he remain in Canada with me? Will our marriage somehow "help" his current status?

Answer: On the contrary, no, your marriage to your failed refugee claimant fiance will not help his status at all, and neither will it help yours. Remember that one of the requirements for applying for Canadian immigration as a live-in caregiver is that you have no dependent who is inadmissible to Canada or has an enforced removal order. Obviously, if you marry this man, you will be jeopardizing your chances of getting a Permanent Resident status. If you get lucky, you can marry your boyfriend, and then make arrangements with an immigration officer who will advise when your then husband has to exit the country. Otherwise, your only options are to have the guy leave Canada, or not marry him at all.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10