Permanent Residence In Canada Is Possible In Six Months

Q: I’m a dentist in my country and presently on a working visa in Canada. I am interested in applying for residence in the Foreign Skilled Worker program. My concern is that my work visa is soon to expire and I do not see it being renewed. I want to stay but do not want to be an illegal. With a few papers still lacking, my documents are almost ready to be filed and I want to send my application now but I’m not sure that it would be processed quickly. How long does processing for skilled worker program take?

A: It would be to your best interest to complete your documents before submitting your application. Spend a bit more time and be very thorough in gathering your papers rather than sending it incomplete. It would yield good result in the long run. Experience shows that providing a set of documents in full leaves no room for doubt by the reviewing officer. This often yields positive results which may eventually grant permanent residence in only about six months. Bear in mind that document submission that will not prove the case will only cause further inquiry and unnecessary delay. So it is better to give it the time now instead of going through unnecessary file review by an office.

Disclaimer: The immigration article posted above does not substitute as a legal advice on immigration issues. Consult or get the services of a qualified Toronto or Alberta immigration attorney to look into your case or you may choose a qualified immigration professional in your city or country. Use due diligence in doing so.

Other Posts OF Interests:

Enjoyed this post? Share it!


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *