The application for Certificat de sélection du Québec, the certification applied to by the Province of Quebec has announced that it will implement changes to rules that govern those who want to invest in the province.
The new rules are now in place and will be in effect until March 31, 2015. Below are some important details about the changes:
* Applications will be accepted for the Investor Program from January 1 to 30, 2015.
* The cap for the applications that will be accepted under the program is 1750, so everyone is encouraged to submit early before the cap is reached.
* There is a cap of 1200 applicants from China, including Macao and Hongkong.
* Those who have advanced knowledge of the French language will not be subject to this cap and can therefore apply even when the 1750 maximum number of applicants has already been reached.
This change in the program policy and the reduction in the number of applicants that will be accepted are being done in order to work on the backlogged applications and reduce processing times.
Below are some of the requirements for those who are interested to apply for the Quebec Investor Program:
* Must have a minimum net worth of CAD$1.6 million
* Must be willing to invest CAD$800,000 in Quebec
* Must have 2 years of experience in management during the past five years prior to submitting application
* Must pass medical examination and security background check
* Must have the intent to live in the Quebec province