Q and A: Can A Spouse Of Temporary Foreign Worker Come To Canada To Work?

Question: My husband has been working in Canada with a Temporary Foreign Worker visa, and I’m wondering whether I can join him while he’s there. Is that possible? What kind of visa do I need?

Answer: Yes, you can. And if you plan to work in Canada while your husband is there, you can apply for an open work permit and stay in Canada throughout the duration of stay of your husband. There are conditions, though:

⧫ Your husband should have a work permit that is valid for at least six months.

⧫ Your husband should be working in a high-skilled occupation — in Level 0, A, or B occupations under the National Occupation Classification.

Other Posts OF Interests:

Enjoyed this post? Share it!


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *