Temporary Worker In Canada Wants To Become Permanent Resident

Question: For about a year, I have been in Canada with a job as a food server under the temporary worker program. I want to apply for a permanent resident visa but I am afraid that I may not qualify. My English is not very good and my occupation is not on the demand list. My employer also said indefinitely extending my work permit is not in his plans, and that he prefers that I become a permanent resident first. I really want to stay in Canada but these things are getting me worried. What can I do to get a Permanent Resident card fast? I am thinking of marrying a Canadian citizen. Do you think that’s a good idea?

Answer: First of all, you do not need to have an in-demand occupation to apply for immigration. In fact, since you are already working in Canada, there is a very good chance you will get immigration’s nod since you already have 15 points for arranged employment. Second, if you are going to marry a Canadian citizen for the sake of being able to legally live in Canada permanently, it may not be a good idea. But if you’re marrying this person because you are in a serious relationship. then this option could be just perfect. Marry this Canadian citizen and then file a Family Class application. For sure, that will be your fastest route to acquiring a legal status that allows you to live permanently in this country.

Other Posts OF Interests:

Enjoyed this post? Share it!


5 thoughts on “Temporary Worker In Canada Wants To Become Permanent Resident

  1. Pls where can i get a company in canb that can dmploy me as a beverage seller..am in nigeria.tnx God bless u ol

  2. Pls can u tel me the hotel or restaurant that sponsored u to canada.pls i want to work as a beverage server also.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *