Q and A: Can Undeclared Child Still Be Allowed To Be Sponsored?

Question: I entered Canada a few years ago and applied as a permanent resident. I have a child, but I did not declare him in my application.

I was approved and am now living as permanent citizen. I want to bring my son here, but I was told I couldn’t because I did not declare him. Is this true?

Answer: Because you did not declare your son during your application for permanent residency, he would not be considered as a family class member by the Immigration Department in accordance with R117(9)(d).

However, there are regulation and rules that look into compassionate cases and humanitarian factors.

This is treated on a case-to-case basis depending on the circumstances surrounding the situation.

You may look into this to see if your child can be considered despite the misrepresentation on your part.

Other Posts OF Interests:

Enjoyed this post? Share it!


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *